Looking for a specialized translator? What area of expertise do you need?
Hi there! I’m here to help. My name is Pilar Pla, I’m the managing director of this company, and an official translator of the State. Send me a message telling me what you need and in what linguistic combination. I will respond personally and find the best-suited translator, specialized in the language you’re looking for. I am connected 24 hours a day.
You can also give me a call, but I may not respond immediately: +34 677899554 I’ll return your call as soon as I have an opening! What type of translation do you need? Are you looking for something specific? If you need more information than what is explained on this site, don’t hesitate to ask me anything. I’m here to help you find the best solution.
This type of translation involves the translation of texts pertaining to a specific area of expertise with specific terminology related to the field. Each sector requires translation professionals who are experts in the field or specialty in question. It’s not just a matter of changing between languages. The legal translator must be able to carry out a full investigation and the research necessary to ensure that the document is translated as though it had been created in the target language.
What is a specialized translator?
This is a professional translator who specializes in a specific area of expertise. For example: medical, legal, SEO, etc. In addition to being highly trained, they possess extra knowledge acquired through a double major, master’s degree, or experience in the field. The wide variety of possible areas of expertise requires professionals to be specialized in different fields. At Tradupla, we encompass all branches of translation, regardless of subject or linguistic combination.
What is this type of professional translator like?
A specialized translator is a professional with a degree in translation and interpretation, or the equivalent in their respective country. Not just anyone who knows a language is able to translate. This person must have received specific training, learned to use translation techniques, and be familiar with translation tools. They must have credentials, and years of experience dedicated to translation within their field of specialization. Often, this type of translator will also have another degree, for example in medicine, engineering, etc. That’s why they dedicate themself to medical translation, to technical translation, etc.
Many people ask me what they have to do to become a translator. The first step is getting the proper education. A degree in translation and interpretation is very practical, and that’s where you can learn to translate. In classical studies and other types of degrees, those subjects aren’t covered. They are different courses of study. That’s why the majority of companies only hire translators with very closely related degrees or very unusual linguistic combinations.
Finally, it’s worth mentioning that expert translators not only become specialized by field: legal, technical, etc. Many choose to deepen their knowledge within a specific type of specialized translation. For example, there are legal translators who specialize in the translation of wills, or contracts, etc.
Where can I find specialized translators?
At Tradupla, of course. Most online translation companies have translators all over Spain: translator interpreters in Madrid, legal translators in Barcelona, audiovisual translators in Cádiz, Sevilla, etc. However, we don’t just hire translators within Spain, but in a majority of world countries.
Specialized translation process.
First, the client gets in touch with me, Pilar Pla. They tell me what it is they need and in which languages. Next, I seek out the professionals best-suited to the project in question. That means, if you need official translations in English, I’ll find a sworn English translator. However, if you need to translate advertising material, I’ll assign the project to an advertising translator and a DTP formatter.
Second, the translator receives the original document in editable format. They use an online translation tool that memorizes the translated segments. The translator must translate the original text as though it had been created in the target language.
Before beginning a translation, the translator will search the internet and other sources to find what are called parallel texts. These are similar texts written in the two languages. For example, a contract in French and a contract in Spanish. The translator must compare and use expressions from each country. In many cases, there will be terms used that are beyond their scope of knowledge. They must reference tools like bilingual dictionaries or terminological databases, such as iate. One way or another, these specialized translators do what they have to do to offer us the best translation solution.
Differences between general and specialized translation
So, we return to the question of what is a specialized translation. It is that which requires specific knowledge of a certain branch of specialization. We’re going to list several examples below for further clarification.
- Translation of contracts:legal-administrative translation or sworn translation.
- Translation of balance sheets: financial translation.
- Translation of a medical diagnosis or treatment: medical translation.
- Translation of an instruction manual for a motor: technical translation.
So, what is general translation? General translation is the translation of subject matters related to daily life, that don’t require specific expertise. Here are some examples of general translation:
- Translation of an e-mail to a friend
- Translation of a love letter.
In reality, any type of translation requires a certain degree of specialization. For example, in order to translate a recipe, you would have to know certain terms: cook on low heat, reduce, etc.
Challenges of professional translation
- Specific terminology. The translator must be familiar with the nomenclature of their area of specialization. They are equipped with hand-made glossaries that contain all the specific information necessary for a successful translation.
- Knowledge in the area of specialization. The translator has received training in the specific area of specialization. Depending on what field, they will have either taken courses, or earned a master’s or second degree. Sometimes, just having experience in the field is enough.
- Education and training in translation and interpretation versus unfaithful competition. The professional translator will have completed a degree in translation and interpretation, or related relevant degree depending on their country. The professional has been trained to execute the tasks of a translator and is familiar with the techniques and protocols that they must abide by. Other people may know the languages, but lack this knowledge.
- Research and investigation. The specialized translator researches, investigates, and seeks out relevant information before beginning the translation.
- Translation problems and how to solve them. The professional native translator knows how to solve translation problems. They are familiar with the subject matter and can find the way to make the translation express the intention of the author.
- Parallel texts. The translator can reference similar texts in the source and target languages to ensure the highest possible degree of fidelity.
Why choose Tradupla as your specialized translation company?
Tradupla, S.L.U. is a company that offers translation and interpretation services in multiple linguistic combinations, providing companies with solutions customized to their needs.
A professional translation service has a considerable impact on almost every aspect of the international market, as well as within the world of business. For this reason, our goal is to help your company reach its linguistic goals across borders, through our translation services. Tradupla, S.L.U. is the international translation agency that your business needs. We are committed to providing you with professional translations in any area of specialization.
Most in-demand types of specialized translation
- Academic Translation
- Administrative Translation
- Audiovisual Translation
- Scientific Translation
- Business Translation
- App Translation
- Blog Translation
- Translation for New Technologies
- Website or Web Page Translation
- Patent Translation
- Social Media Translation
- Video Game Translation
- Sports Translation
- Economic Translation
- Financial Translation
- General Translation
- Certified Translation
- Legal Translation
- Literary Translation
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Translation
- SEO Translation
- Advertising Translation
- Technical Translation
- Tourism Translation
- Legal Translations
- Technical Translations
- Tourism Translations
- Urgent Translations
Ultimately, whatever your company’s situation, our translation and communication services company will always guarantee quality document translations for doing business with clients, partners, colleagues, or any other person with whom you wish to collaborate or communicate.
Our team consists of more than 1,000 professional translators from all over the world, who have been selected through exhaustive translation testing. Our native translators not only have perfect command of their languages, but are also specialized in different areas in order to offer quality professional translations.
Most in-demand translators
- Arabic Translator
- German Translator
- French Translator
- Legal English Translator
- Certified Italian Translator
- Professional English to Spanish and Spanish to English Translator